Whoa, where did September go?! This year is flying by. Before we know it, the festive season is going to be upon us and we’ll be welcoming in another new year. Better start reviewing those 2014 resolutions and frantically start crossing off the ‘Get healthier’, ‘Start exercising’ and ‘Learn a new language’ goals.
With so many amusing / useful / inspiring and downright hilarious things on the internet, I thought it would be fun to start sharing some of the interesting and entertaining posts I’ve been checking out on the ‘ol interweb during the month. Introducing… Monthly Musings.
Curl up over the weekend and have a read, OR check them out while you’re at work (it is Friday after all). Just make sure your boss doesn’t catch you out. Enjoy!
• Not sure what to do with your wedding dress after the big day? Why not wear it to a festival?!
• There are only 2 types of people in the world according to this amusing marketing campaign.
• Look up. Why it’s important to not always be focused on your phone (and other technology).
• You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love. Jim Carrey delivers a witty and motivating commencement speech.
• Want effortless success? Stop trying to jam a round peg into a square hole.
• Choose yourself! Stop waiting to be picked.
The world has changed. There are no gatekeepers anymore. There is nothing stopping you from publishing that book, releasing that album, starting that business. Nothing but yourself.
• You don’t have to follow someone else’s footprints… 10 lessons learnt from travel.
• The travel community is a fun one here in London. Did you hear about BlogStock – the World’s first blogging festival? Have a look at some of the fun. See you at next years?
• A homeless man we can all learn from.
• 9 life lessons to inspire you.
• Single ladies – could you be Ed’s Rexy to his Edventures?
• Why not just aim to be happy when we grow up? Great point!
• Why occasional trips aren’t enough. My fellow wanderlusters will understand.
Perpetual travellers choose to travel for the same reasons we all do: we’re tired of work or bored with our routine; we want to meet interesting people and experience different cultures.
• What happened after a self-destructing blog post experiment.
• Tips for the single guys.. 20 mistakes you’re making on Tinder. Laughter guaranteed.
• Unsure what to blog about? Here is a helpful guide to narrowing your focus.
• 15 common WordPress mistakes. Avoid these for better blogging.
• This girl really loves Twilight – she ACTUALLY married a cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen.
• Website blasts from the past.
• Life transitions can be challenging. Grab that trapeze.
Sometimes I feel that my life is a series of trapeze swings. I’m either hanging on to a trapeze bar swinging along or, for a few moments in my life, I’m hurtling across space in between trapeze bars.
• These humans are awesome (and crazy)!
• Engage and grow your Twitter audience. Advice from those in the know.
• Impossible photography? Not for this photographer who captures ideas, not moments.
• Read this touching reflection from a comedian who shares Robin Williams’ struggle.
• Emma Watson received a standing ovation for her powerful HeForShe speech.
• You will be amazed at what these daily things look like in an MRI scanner.
• Clearing clutter will change your life.
• Here are 6 things the most productive people do every day.
Image © David Zellaby.