Happy Halloween! Hands up. Who is dressing up today? Alas, there are no spooky parties in my social calendar this year, but I will be enjoying some festivities at tonight’s Traverse Mingle, which is always filled with a few surprises.
The past month has flown by with a trip to the sunny Algarve in Portugal with a close friend. We lounged on the beach, swam in the warm, salty sea, drank sangria and road tripped our way along the coastline.
All the perfect elements for a fun girlie getaway. Keep an eye out for future posts.
While it’s not quite beach weather here in London now, Autumn has been surprisingly mild so far (no complaints here). Here’s hoping for a not too chilly Winter. Secretly I am enjoying wearing boots, scarves and coats again. There is something nice about the change in seasons and being able to rug up and hibernate in the colder weather.
Come have a snoop at October’s Monthly Musings. A few useful and entertaining posts I’ve been reading, or inspired by this month. See you in November!
• 57 (amazing) reasons living in London ruins you. Why I love this incredible city…
• Don’t be a dick. This and one other rule are the only 2 rules of life you’ll ever need.
• Why Generation Y are so unhappy (manage those expectations).
• A Lady In London celebrates visiting her 100th country this week!
• Richard Branson shares 3 questions aspiring entrepreneurs should ask themselves.
When the reality of someone’s life is better than they had expected, they’re happy. When reality turns out to be worse than the expectations, they’re unhappy.
• Even if you have lived here for years, there is always so much to do in London. Here are 36 unique things to do in London.
• Travel isn’t always glamourous. Especially when you get bitten by a snake.
• 50 reasons why this generation can’t get it’s sh*t together (and actually shouldn’t).
Take some comfort in your strength to challenge yourself no matter how weak the fear of the future makes you feel. We learn far more from our suffering than we ever can from happiness despite how much we chase the latter.
• You have seen angry cat and grumpy cat, now meet Banye, the surprised cat.
• It’s okay to be scared of the future. Newsflash: others don’t have it all together either.
• This Sarah McLachlan and Pink duet of Angels gives me goosebumps.
• Learning about all this tweeting? Here are 20 important Twitter don’ts to know for business.
• An empowering read for females. You are your own damn permission slip. Own your life.
One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you like everyone else. Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
• Want some inspiring people to follow on Instagram? Here is a list of 40 incredible entrepreneurs.
• Meditation is something I’ve wanted to regularly practice. One girl shares how it helped her deal with her sister’s death.
• Another reason why I want a French Bulldog. Rocky is so cute.
Image © ihave3kids.
Trick or treat,